A help system is available to guide your clients through browsing, purchasing, and downloading their images. Read on for additional details.
How Does It Work?
The first time a person logs into a gallery that contains the help system, they will automatically be shown the following:
- Where the help icon is.
- The full gallery download icon (if the person has permission to view it).
- Descriptions of each of the icons displayed with the images. Some of the icons include "Download", "Hide", "Add to Cart", "Add to Favorites", and "Share." (Note: The "Download", "Hide", and "Add to Cart" icon details are only displayed if the user has permission to perform those actions.)
- If there are any non-photo products being offered, these options will be shown to the user as well.
- The first time a larger version of an image is viewed, the "Download" icon will be highlighted (if the user has permission to it).
After the initial help system has been viewed, and on subsequent visits to the galleries, your visitors can click the Help Icon, in the upper right corner, to activate all of the help hints that are available throughout the gallery.
With the help hints activated, your clients can click on any of the question marks displayed to receive help for that specific area. Once they are finished with the help hints they can click Exit Help, or they can click anywhere outside of the help areas, to remove the hints and continue browsing and adding items to their shopping cart.
Other areas where help hints are available include:
The Gallery Categories and Images
The Products Section
The Add to Cart Page
Other Features of the Help System
- If the user has limited download permissions, the help option for the image will tell them how many images they have left that can be downloaded.
- If the user has permission to hide the images, the help option for the Hide icon will tell them how many images are currently hidden.
- The user can click the Help icon at any point to highlight additional areas that are available to receive help on.
- Clicking the Help icon while viewing different screens within the gallery will cause different help options, which are specific to those screens, to display. For example, clicking the Help icon while viewing the Add to Cart page will give you details about the options specifically found within the Add to Cart page.
- The user will only be shown the automatic help descriptions one time, regardless of how many galleries they are viewing. (Note: Viewing the gallery from a different device will cause the automated help options to also display from the new device.)
Turning Off the Automatic Help Functionality
If you would rather turn the automatic help functionality off, that may be done as follows:
- From the Main Menu click on Photos → Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced button in the upper right.
- Scroll to the Galleries section.
- Uncheck the box for Auto-display Help to Gallery Visitors.
- Click Save.