This article will show you how to set up the option to allow your booking clients to leave you tips.
Tips are extra payments made by your clients beyond their required session fees.
Setting It Up
- From the main menu click on Booking » Preferences.
- Scroll to the Tip Appreciate Comment option and adjust the note, if you'd like to.
This note will display on the screen after your client adds a tip to their payment.
- Click Save Preferences.
Note: This is an option step
- Next, from the main menu click on Booking » Session Types.
- To enabling tipping on any of your previously-created session types, just click on the session type name to edit its details. Or, create a new session type by clicking the Create New Session Type button at the top of the page.
- Within the session type details, set the Enable Client Tipping option to Yes - Enable Client Tipping.
- Click Save.
Some notes on the Client Tipping option:
- Your clients may only add tips to sessions requiring an online payment. If they're paying offline, they'll need to pay their tip offline as well.
- If your client is using a coupon that brings their session fee to $0, they cannot add a tip to their payment since they're not actually making a payment.
- Any time an online payment is being made, your client can add a tip to their payment. For example, if they've previously paid a retainer amount and they are now making their final payment, the Add a Tip link will still be available for them during the final payment process.
- Tips are not refundable through our order refunds page without also refunding the session fee first. For example, if someone paid $100 + a $20 tip and you refund $20 from the order, you will be refunding $20 from the session fee and the remaining transaction value will be $80 paid to the fee and $20 paid to the tip. If you refund $110, you will be refunding $100 of the fee plus $10 of the tip.
- Regardless of what your "retainer" amount is set to, if someone is adding a tip to the transaction they will pay the entire tip at the time of the payment (it won't be held to the second payment). For example, if you have a $50 retainer on a $300 portrait sitting and your client adds a $25 tip while submitting the retainer, they will be paying $75 for that transaction ($50 retainer +$25 tip).
Viewing the Tips You’ve Received
If a tip is added to a session's payment, the tip will be reported on the transaction receipt that you receive via email, and it will also be available to you through your Instaproofs account. You can find the tip details within your Instaproofs account by doing the following:
- From the main menu click on Booking » Booking Sessions.
- Click on the name of the session you're interested in.
- If any tips have been received for the session, the cumulative tip amount will be displayed in the top Session Summary area.
- For details on a specific session spot, click on the spot that you've received the tip for. All sessions with a tip are displayed with a gold star in their top-right corner.
- Within the Session Spot Details pop-up the tip amount can be seen displayed below the Balance amount.
- Clicking on the amount found next to the Payment label will also show some additional details related to the payments for this specific session spot.
How the Option Appears to Your Clients
Within the session payment area an Add a Tip? link is displayed to your clients.
When the Add a Tip? link is clicked, your clients are given a set of specific tip options to choose from, or they can click the Other button and enter a custom amount of their choice.