Downloads can also be enabled for all of your site visitors, through category-specific settings.
To access the categories associated with a gallery, do the following:
- Navigate to the Photos » Galleries page.
- Find your gallery and click on the Photos option for the gallery.
- Select the Manage Categories option in the Photos droplist.
Once you're viewing the list of categories within the gallery, click the setup icon for your category, and select the Settings option.
Within the settings for each category there's an Allow Downloads option, which can be set to either:
- No - The images in this category cannot be downloaded as free individual image downloads.
- Yes (No Watermark) - The images in this category can be downloaded as free individual image downloads, with no watermarks applied to them.
- Yes (With Watermark) - The images in this category can be downloaded as free individual image downloads, but your watermark will be applied to the downloaded images according to your predefined watermark settings. Please note: Because this setting allows your visitors to download the original, full-resolution image files, be sure to upload a large image as your watermark file before enabling this option. You can upload your watermark file through the Marketing » Logo & Branding page.
When the download setting is enabled, all of your gallery visitors will be able to download the individual images from within the category, for free. ❶
❶ Some Important Notes
*If one or more email addresses have been given download permissions through the permission-based download settings described here, the following changes come into effect:
- Only the defined users will be able to download the individual images. No other gallery visitors will be given the option to download the individual images for free.
- The settings provided in the gallery settings will override the category settings. For example, if the "Restrict Downloads to Specific Categories" setting is left unchecked, images from all of the categories will be downloadable regardless of what the "Allow Downloads" category setting is set to.
*You will need to turn on the Require Email option for this to work even though you are giving everyone
permission to download. You can follow the tutorial here to turn that option on.