Yes, you can turn on the option for clients to enter their email address when they first view a gallery. This is a good idea because the system will keep track of things such as shopping carts and favorites and attach those to the clients email address. When that client returns to the gallery those items will be saved and can be seen in the gallery.
To turn on the requirement for email addresses follow these steps:
- From the main menu click on Photos » Galleries.
- Click on the name of the gallery you want
- Scroll to the Access section
- Check the slider for Require Email and click Save.
If you would like to make this the default when creating new galleries follow these steps
- From the main menu click on Photos » Preferences
- Scroll to the Galleries section
- Check the slider for Require an Email Address (default).
- Click Save.
Reminders and Notifications
Also in this area you can turn on and off reminder and notification emails. Here is a list of those and what each one does.
- General Gallery Reminders
General reminder emails are sent every x days to the people that have previously visited the gallery. They serve as a general "Your Images are Still Available" type of reminder.
The specific number of days between each reminder can be defined through your Marketing Preferences page.
- Sale Reminders & Notifications
If your sales are set up to send sale notification emails, this setting allows you to enable or disable those notification emails for visitors to this gallery.
- Gallery Expiration Notifications
Gallery expiration emails can be sent a specific number of days before a gallery expires.
These types of emails provide a fantastic opportunity for you to inform your clients of any final discounts or sales that may be happening before their gallery expires.
The timing of these emails can be defined through the Marketing Preferences page.
- Unsubscriber Notifications
When this option is enabled you will receive notification emails whenever someone unsubscribes to the emails associated with these galleries.