You can offer gift certificates that your clients can purchase that they can use or give as a gift to be used on photographs or other items that you sell on your storefront. Here's how to set that up.
Step 1: Create the Product
- From the main menu, click Selling » Purchase Options.
- Click the blue Create New Purchase Option button at the top of the page.
- Select the Online Store Credit option.
- Give the product a Name. We recommend something fairly general, such as "Gift Certificates or Online Store Credit", since you will also be creating options within the product. You can have as many options as you'd like within the product.
- Add a Sample Image if you wish.
- Enter a Description for the Product. Remember, this is a general product description since each of the options can also have their own descriptions.
- Select the gallery types that you'd like the product to be made available on.
- Click Next to move to the next step.
Step 2: Create the Product Options
The Online Store Credit Product must have one or more product options defined for it. A product option is a specific version of the product. For example, you can offer certificates at different price points.
To set the product options up, do the following:
- Click the Create New button on the Manage Product Options pop-up page.
- Give your option a Name such as $125 Online Store Credit.
- Set the Online Credit Amount. The purchaser will receive a coupon code that is worth this amount of online credit.
- Set the Option Price. Enter the amount that you'd like to charge your customers for this option.
- In the Settings area you can define these optional items:
- Allow Notes: Enable this option to allow the purchaser to write you a note related to this product when they purchase it.
- Example Image: Add an image so your client can see a sample of what this option will look like.
- Add a Description, this might include the details of what is included in this option.
- If applicable, add any Custom Shipping Costs for the product option.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps to create multiple options.
What will my client see and how will it be used?
Once your client goes through the checkout process they will receive a receipt that will have a link to the
Clicking on that link will show the actual certificate with the coupon code that the end user will need when they check out.
The end user will enter that code in the Discount or Gift Code box during checkout to redeem the certificate.