Managed accounts allow you to provide limited, permission-based access to your Instaproofs account to other people.
Roles that are currently available through Managed Accounts include:
- Studio Manager - Full access to everything except billing and subscription details.
- Studio Assistant - Full access to everything except summary reports, managed users, contracts, and billing & subscription details.
- Order Management - Can ONLY view and edit your orders, and optionally submit the orders for fulfillment.
- Marketing Management - Can ONLY view, edit, and send bulk emails and their email templates.
- Gallery Management - Can ONLY view and edit galleries, gallery types, and their images.*
* Photo uploads by a managed account can currently only be done through the web uploader and/or our image uploading app for PCs. Lightroom and FTP uploads are not currently supported through managed accounts.
Example Usage Scenarios
Example Scenario 1: You own a busy photo studio and you'd love to let your studio assistant log into your Instaproofs account and largely take over for you; however, you don't want them having access to view your aggregate sales information and summary reports. Assigning the "Studio Assistant" role to this user will do just that.
Example Scenario 2: Your good friend is an HTML and marketing wizard, and they've offered to design your Instaproofs email templates for you. Giving your friend access to your account through the use of the "Marketing Management" role is just what you're looking for!
Example Scenario 3: It's been way too long since your last vacation, but you know that orders are going to be coming in while you're out and you feel tied to your computer because of it. Untie yourself from your computer (and enjoy your vacation!) by assigning the "Order Management" role to a trusted friend to handle your orders while you're out.
Example Scenario 4: You are super busy and need someone to help you upload the recent photo shoot's you have just finished. You can create a Managed Account for an assistant and set them up with the "Gallery Management" role. They will be able to view and edit the galleries and upload your images for you.
Setting It Up
Managed accounts are available for all accounts with monthly plans above the Basic plan level.
To access and create managed accounts, head to the Account Details page by doing the following:
- Click on your business name or logo at the top of the left-side main menu within your account
- Select the Account Details menu option
- Scroll down through the Account Details page until you get to the Managed Accounts section
From the Managed Accounts section of the page, click the Create Managed Account button, and provide the name, email address, and role for the user. Click the final Create Account button to finish setting up your new managed user account.
An email is sent to the managed user when (a) their account is initially created, and (b) each time their account is updated. The initial email will contain login details, including a randomly generated password for them to access their account. If you'd like to change their password any time after their account has been created, you can do that through the Managed Account details pop-up for that user.