There are a few different ways to create multiple categories within a gallery.
Option 1: Through the Category Page
To create a new category within a photo gallery via the Category page, follow the steps outlined below:
- From the main menu click on Photos » Galleries.
- Locate your gallery and click on Photos (if you are viewing the Grid View), or click on the blue number in the Photos column next to your gallery (if you are viewing the List View). This will take you to the Category page for the gallery.
- From the category page, click the Create New Category button at the top of the page.
- Give your new category a name, and click Save.
- Repeat this process to add as many new categories as you'd like to the gallery. When you are adding photos to the gallery, you can choose which of your categories you'd like to upload the images into.
Creating Categories in Bulk
You can also upload a spreadsheet full of category names through the Create New Category area.
Your spreadsheet must be saved as a CSV file and it must contain just two columns:
- Column 1: The name of the category. The category names may contain letters, numbers and spaces, but no special characters should be used.
- Column 2: The password for the category, if applicable.
Note: No header row should be used; just start with the first category name and password in row 1 of your spreadsheet. If the category name already exists in the gallery, the new password from your spreadsheet will be applied to the existing category.
Option 2: Through the Add Photos Page
Another way to add new categories to a gallery is through the Add Photos page directly.
- From the main menu, click Photos » Galleries.
- Find the gallery you'd like to add photos to.
- Select the Upload Photos (Web) option from the Photos menu.
- Click the Select a Gallery Category button, and select the Create New Category option.
- Give the category a name, and click Save to create the new category.
Option 3: Through Your FTP Software
Uploading your images through FTP allows you to upload one or more directories of images, and when the images are processed the directories are automatically converted to categories within the gallery.
Option 4: Through Lightroom
Uploading your images through Lightroom provides you with an option to automatically create the categories based on the collections the images are in within your Lightroom application. Simply select this option when uploading your images, and the categories will be created for you automatically.
Option 5: Through our Custom Image Uploader
Our custom image uploader (for PCs) provides you with the option to automatically create the categories in the gallery based on the folders the images are in on your computer. Simply select this option when uploading your images, and the categories will be created for you automatically.
How will your clients see it?
When your clients view their gallery they will see a choice of different categories to browse through, rather than seeing all of the images at once.