By default, the first image in each gallery is used as the gallery featured image. This will be set the first time someone views the gallery. This will remain as the gallery featured image unless you manually choose a different image. If you'd like to select a different image, you can do so by following the steps outlined below:
- From the main menu, click on Photos » Galleries.
- Locate your gallery and click Photos » Manage Categories.
- Click on the name of the category that contains the image that you'd like to make the featured image.
- Click on the image that you'd like to make your gallery featured image and then click Actions in the top right of the page.
- Click Set as Gallery Featured.
- Click anywhere on the image to select a focus point.
- Click on Display Preview to get an idea of how the image will display for your clients when they enter their gallery.
- Click Save once you have chosen a focus point.
If you'd like to set the gallery featured image for multiple galleries, repeat the steps mentioned above for each of your galleries.
Note: Since each device and computer that your images are viewed on may display the images in a slightly different size, the image position that you select for the image is a preferred position rather than an absolute position.
One more thing... sometimes it can take a few minutes for your browser to show the change of this image. The browsers will sometimes cache the old image. Just give it a few minutes to see the change or you can test the page in a different browser. Rest assured the change has occurred and will show properly elsewhere, it's just the dreaded browser cache that you are seeing and it will show correctly shortly.