Many photographers include a certain number of free image downloads in their session fees. If you'd like to give your clients a specific number of free image downloads, you can do so by following the steps outlined below:
Setting It Up
- From the main menu, click Photos » Galleries.
- Click on the name of your gallery.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section.
- Add your client's email address(s) to the Permission To Download Individual Images section.
- Set the numbers of images that your client can download by clicking on the box labeled No Download Limit, and then select the number of images you'd like to allow them to download. You can leave this option alone if your client has no download restrictions.
- Click the Restrict Downloads to Specific Categories box if you'd like to limit your client's downloads to specific categories within the gallery. This is not common.
- When this option is enabled, only images in categories that have been specifically labeled as being downloadable can be downloaded. Category-level download permissions can be set in the individual category settings areas within the gallery.
- Click the Add Another Email Address option if you have more clients that need permission to download images.
- Click Save.
How Your Clients Will See It
If a person logs into the gallery using one of the email addresses that you've set up to have download permissions, they will see a download link/icon when they either:
- Hover their mouse over the image thumbnails, or
- Click to view a larger version of an image.
Clicking either of the links shown above will allow your clients to download their images directly to their computer. Once your clients have reached their allotted download limit, they will not be able to download any additional images for free. Your clients can download the same image as many times as they wish, it will only count as one towards the download limit.