By default, automated emails are sent using the Global Email Templates found in the Marketing » Email » Email Templates page within your account. However, if you'd like the system to send different automated emails for each of your different gallery types, you can set that up as follows:
Step 1: Create the Email Templates
- From the main menu, click Marketing » Email » Email Templates.
- Click the Create New Custom Template button at the top of the page.
- If you'd like to start from an existing template, select the template you'd like from the Start with a Template? options.
- Give your template a Name and a Subject, and then create or adjust the Email Body to say and look however you'd like it to.
- Click the Preview Email Template button to view an example of how the email might look to your clients. Note: In order for the preview to work correctly, you must have at least one gallery created before viewing the preview button.
- Once you're satisfied with your email, click the Save Email Template button to save it.
Dynamic Content: Since your email templates are meant to be used for multiple different galleries, dynamic keywords should be used in place of specific gallery details. Never type a specific gallery's name or expiration date into your templates if you plan to use them for multiple galleries; this type of information should be replaced with dynamic keywords instead.
Dynamic keywords can be selected from the Dynamic Content option found on the email editing toolbar, and they should be used in place of any specific gallery details in the template. For example, instead of typing a specific gallery's name in your email, the [[EVENT_NAME]] keyword should be used instead.
Step 2: Adjust Your Gallery Types
Once you have created the email templates that you'd like to use for a specific gallery type, do the following to tell the system to use those templates in place of the global templates:
- From the main menu, click Photos » Gallery Types.
- Click on the name of whichever gallery type you'd like to assign your new templates to.
- Scroll to the Automated Emails settings, and select your newly created templates.
- Click Save to save your changes.