Email templates provide you with a way to design and create an email once, and then use it over and over again. The email templates that you create can be used in any of the following ways:
- Automatic Gallery Reminders
- Gallery Invitations
- Sale Notification Emails
- Download Ready Notifications
- Order Status Updates
- Bulk Emails
Regardless of what you use them for, email templates are created and customized in the following way:
- From the main menu, click Marketing » Email » Email Templates.
- Click the Create New Custom Template button at the top of the page.
- If you'd like to start from an existing template, select the template you'd like from the Start with a Template? options.
- Give your template a Name and a Subject, and then create or adjust the Email Body to say and look however you'd like it to.
- Click the Preview Email Template button to view an example of how the email might look to your clients. Note: In order for the preview to work correctly, you must have at least one gallery created before viewing the preview button.
- Once you're satisfied with your email, click the Save Email Template button to save it.
Dynamic Content (Keywords)
Since your email templates are meant to be used for multiple different galleries, dynamic keywords should be used in place of specific gallery details. Never type a specific gallery's name or expiration date into your templates if you plan to use them for multiple galleries; this type of information should be replaced with dynamic keywords instead.
Dynamic keywords can be selected from the Dynamic Content option found on the email editing toolbar, and they should be used in place of any specific gallery details in the template. For example, instead of typing a specific gallery's name in your email, the [[EVENT_NAME]] keyword should be used instead.
When an email is sent, the system automatically replaces the keywords with the actual values for the gallery that the email is being sent for.