We have a handful of different upload options, and we'll go over each of the options below:
From the Galleries page, locate your gallery and click Photos » Upload Photos (Web).
On the Upload Photos page, the following steps will get your images online in no time:
- Click the Select Pricing Sheet button to choose which pricing sheet you'd like to associate with the images you're going to upload.
- Click the Select a Gallery Category button. Choose from the categories listed, or click Create New Category and enter a new Category Name. To upload into multiple categories at once select the Auto-detect Categories option from within the category drop list.
Place a checkmark in any of the optional boxes as needed:
- Skip Duplicates - The Skip Duplicates option instructs our system to skip any images that you're uploading that seem to already exist within your gallery. A "duplicate" is any image with the same name, that is found in the same category.
- Overwrite Duplicates - The Overwrite Duplicates option instructs our system to replace any existing images in the gallery with any of the newly-uploaded images that have the same names. A "duplicate" is any image with the same name, that is found in the same category.
- Auto Rotate - The Auto Rotate option instructs our system to look for information within each image to determine the proper image orientation. Note: This functionality works for most, but not all cameras and images.
- Drag and drop your images from your computer to the image upload area, or click the Click Here to Select Images button to search your computer for images. Auto-Detect Categories will only work when using the drag and drop option.
- Click Upload Selected Items to begin the image upload process.
In addition to uploading your images through the website, you can also upload your images via FTP using any of your favorite FTP applications. Here's how it works:
- From the Galleries page, locate your gallery and click the Photos button. Within the photo menu options you'll see an entry labeled Upload Photos (FTP), which will have an FTP ID number listed with it. Take note of this number.
- Open your FTP software and connect to ftp.instaproofs.com using your current Instaproofs username and password. If you are asked for a port number, select 21. If you are asked for the encryption type, select Plain Text.
- Find the folder number that represents the gallery you'd like to upload your images into (reference the "FTP ID" that you found in the first step above).
- Upload your photos into sub-folders/categories within the main folder that represents your gallery. You may upload entire folders (including subfolders) through the FTP interface. Any image that is not placed within a named folder will be placed in a category named "Images" when the files are processed.
- Once your images have finished uploading, head back to the Galleries page and click Photos » Upload Photos (FTP) for the gallery you uploaded the images into. On the Upload Photos (FTP) page there will be options for you to finish processing the images.
- After the images have been processed, you will find your photos organized in the gallery in the same folders that they were uploaded into during your FTP upload.
The Lightroom Plugin allows you to upload directly from Lightroom to your Instaproofs account.
- Download the Lightroom Plugin by going to the main menu and clicking Photos » Upload Tools.
- Click the Download button In the Lightroom Plugin section. You will find the download link and a short installation and usage video on that page.
The PC Uploader is a custom upload app for PC users that allows you to uploads directly from the file explorer dialog on your PC. You can simply right-click on your images and select SEND TO > INSTAPROOFS.
- Download the PC Uploader by going to the main menu and clicking Photos » Upload Tools.
- Click the Download button in the PC Uploader section. You will find the download link on that page.