Many photographers are required to charge sales tax on the orders they receive. Some are required to charge a single flat rate for all of the orders they receive, while others are required to charge different amounts for orders shipping to different shipping addresses.
The sales tax rate that is charged on your storefront can be setup as follows:
- From the main menu, click Selling » Prices, Shipping, Tax » Sales Tax
- On the sales tax page, click the Create New button to create new sales tax criteria.
- Select the Country for which you are required to charge sales for.
- If you are only required to charge sales tax for orders shipping to a specific state/province, select the State/Province from the available list.
- If you are only required to charge sales tax for orders shipping to a specific City, County, or Postal Code, provide those details as well.
- Enter in the Tax Rate for the area you are currently defining.
- If you are required to charge sales tax on shipping charges in addition to the purchased items, place a checkmark in the Tax Shipping setting.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
If you are required to charge different tax rates for different shipping addresses, repeat the process described above for each of the different areas that you are responsible for.
Note: If you are unsure about your tax rates or how they should be set up, please consult a sales tax professional in your area.