By default, all of the items in an order are sent to the same lab for fulfillment. However, if you need to break an order up and send some items to one lab and other items to another lab, here's how you can do that:
Step 1: Split the Order
- From the main menu, navigate to Selling » Orders
- Locate the order you'd like to split, and then click on your customer's name, or click on the Options droplist and select View Details.
- Scroll down the order details page until you've reached the end of the ordered items.
- Click the Split Into Multiple Orders button.
- Place a checkmark next to each of the items you'd like to move into a new order.
- Click the final "Split the Order" button to save your changes.
Once the order has been split, you can then fulfill each of the orders independently of one another.
Step 2: Send the Orders for Lab Fulfillment
- Find the order that you would like to fulfill (hint: use the directions provided in Step 1 to find the order).
- To start the fulfillment process, click the Begin link found at the top of the order details page next to the Lab Fulfillment label.
- At the top of the first page within the lab fulfillment process, select the lab you'd like to send the order through. The lab you've selected as your default lab will be selected when you first visit this page.
- Once you've selected the lab for this order, follow the prompts to complete the fulfillment process.
Repeat the steps above for each of the orders you'd like to send for fulfillment.