Bounce-back Coupon Codes are a very special type of coupon code. They vary from the standard coupon codes in a couple of ways:
- The actual coupon codes are created for your clients automatically, according to your specifications.
- The coupon codes can only be used once and are only valid for anywhere from 1 to 96 hours based on your setting.
- They are specifically used to entice your clients to "bounce back" and make an additional purchase.
***Please note that you can use the instructions below or you can use our new Marketing Automations.
How it Works
Here's an example of how a bounce-back coupon works after it's been setup in your account:
- Your client makes a purchase through one of your galleries.
- Their purchase qualifies for a bounce-back discount.
- A unique coupon code is instantly created for your customer, and the coupon code details are added as a note to your client's receipt.
- Your client has anywhere from 1 to 96 hours, based on your setting, to make a second purchase, using the coupon code that they received on their original order's receipt.
Setting It Up
To set a bounce-back discount up, do the following:
- From the main menu, click Selling » Sales & Coupons.
- Click the Create New Sale or Coupon Code button found at the top of the page.
- Expand the Create Bounce-back Coupon Codes section, and click the Create New button for whichever type of discount you'd like to set up.
- Give the bounce-back discount a name. Hint: This name will only be visible to you.
- Fill in the details for the following options:
- Create Coupons For Orders At Least This Large - This setting determines how large of an order your client needs to place in order to trigger the bounce-back discount code creation. Order totals for this option are calculated after discounts have been applied and before taxes and shipping have been added to the order.
- Gift Code Value - This section contains two distinct setting: amount, and minimum order. The amount is the discount amount that your client will receive on their second order if the second order reaches the minimum order value. This can be setup to have multiple tiers, just like a standard coupon code can have. For example, you could set this up to give your clients 20% off a second order if the second order is $100 or more.
- Each Coupon Expires After - You can choose the time frame that your client can use the coupon from 1 to 96 hours. This can create a feeling of urgency in your clients by limiting the amount of time that these special coupons are valid for.
- Create Discounts Until - This is an optional setting that allows you to set when the bounce-back discount codes should stop being created. Orders submitted after this date will not result in bounce-back discount codes being created.
- There are a couple of additional options available, although they are fairly self-explanatory.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Once you've set the bounce-back discount code up, your clients will immediately begin receiving the new discount codes on their receipts when their orders fall within the criteria you've specified.